Senior Software Engineer (Req #121225) – Boca Raton, FL
At Jazzware, we are adding a Senior Software Engineer to our growing software engineering team. This candidate will work in C++/QT environment to build the next generation, state of the art embedded connectivity device that controls and links hotel premise equipment with our cloud-based back-end software that unifies multiple on-premise and cloud platforms, hospitality and telecommunication service providers, and fixed and mobile devices. The position is part of a small and highly focused team that is delivering cloud services for many of the major hotels and telecommunications service providers across the world.
- Work closely with other software engineers, QA engineers and product management to enhance and convert business requirements into design/functional specifications.
- Produce fault tolerant, self-healing, remotely managed embedded software running under Linux OS.
- Deliver software that can be unit and automation tested.
- Constantly seek new commercial and open-source technologies to assess application of those to the product.
- Address software issues generated by support and QA teams in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of software engineering team’s software development methodologies, processes, tools, deliverables, quality, and productivity.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Experience in developing C++ software using QT framework, both in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to write make files and experience with GCC.
- Ability to develop SQL scripts for SQLITE and MySQL.
- Experience in using cryptography APIs to encrypt files and communication protocols.
- Experience in RS232 serial programming.
- Some experience in Node.js is preferred
- Be comfortable with computer hardware, be able to troubleshoot hardware related issues.
- Ability to handle OS/third party upgrades, package management.
- Familiar with FTP, SSH, SOAP/XML, JSON, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, TLS, TCP/IP, ICMP, UDP protocols.
- Experience in using network test and monitoring tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler and SoapUI.
- Ability to work in Agile and waterfall models.
- Ability to operate within a small team and help build a positive results-oriented and sustainable culture with disciplined processes and productive outcomes.
- Writing and Communications skills. Ability to create design and functional documentation.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in CS/CE/EE or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of application programming experience in Linux platforms.
- Minimum 3 years of platform and OS level programming experience in Linux platforms.
- Experience in embedded Linux platforms is preferred.
- Experience in platforms involving RS-232 communication is preferred.