Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Req#121221)
Jazzware is creating a new position for cloud infrastructure engineer at our Boca Raton, FL location. This position is an opportunity to contribute to the global growth of Jazzware’s cloud platforms and customers.
Duties and responsibilities:
This engineer will support Jazzware’s software development, test, configuration, deployment, integration, and ongoing management of production cloud platforms. This candidate possesses a strong background in server, network, and software technologies for both cloud production operations (CloudOps) and development operations (DevOps). This candidate possesses experience in building and supporting high availability and rapidly recoverable cloud and development operations environments. Jazzware team is seeking a hands-on engineer who also possesses strong aptitudes for building and operating disciplined processes and controls.
Technical and Analytical Capabilities: Experience in configuration, problem diagnosis, and management
- Firewalls / Routers
- SIP devices
- Wireshark or similar traffic analysis tool
- Windows Servers
- MS Active Directory Management
- MS Clustering
- MS Powershell and Linux shell based scripting
Experience with development technologies:
- Familiarity with Apache ANT
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio build process
- Familiarity with scripting tools languages. Ability to read scripting or develop simple scripts
- Familiarity with SQL including work with simply data base/DBA products
Experience with telecommunications concepts and protocols:
Administrative And Managerial Capabilities:
- Must remain completely organized while managing the configuration and testing of multiple application environments simultaneously, each of which requires multiple servers, multiple interfaces, and multiple devices for multiple customers.
- Create, maintain, and utilize checklists and test plans.
- Self-motivated. Demonstrates accountability in project ownership and solution oriented work approach. Must be able to pursue issues with customers through to resolution and keep all stakeholders apprised of project status.
- Ability to capture and document software/hardware issues.
- Provide limited, informal customer training in use of the application for testing purposes.
- Planning, organizing, setting objectives and managing time to meet deadlines.
- Must uphold security standards and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain VMWare infrastructure
- Monitor and maintain storage area network
- Monitor and maintain data center perimeter network
- Troubleshoot environments when needed
- Establish and maintain a positive business relationship with customers and peers.
- Exemplify willingness and flexibility in resolving any issues that may come up even if it is after hours
- Troubleshoot cloud to cloud and interface connectivity issues using general network knowledge.
- Manage technology upgrades as required
- Work directly with Service Providers on bringing up new instances of the BroadSoft’s BroadWorks environment
- Create server environments for cloud customers
- Create lab and QA environments in support of development
- Manage existing environments and perform upgrades when available
- Apply patches to customer premise equipment as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a positive attitude and the desire to learn.
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills; demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and looks for process improvements.
- Practices self-development, seeks out new responsibilities, and generates new ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical individuals. Ability to take direction from cross-functional team members as well as managers.
- Possesses a passion for helping customers. Demonstrates customer interaction skills including listening, writing, and speaking.
- A willingness to tackle initiatives and work independently with some guidance and direction on work.
- BS technical degree / commensurate experience
- Positive contributor and works well both independently and in team settings.
- Ability to troubleshoot installation issues across multiple applications and devices